Clinica Dual’s team of nutrition specialists offer our patients who wish or need to lose weight, a safe and healthy way to achieve it. Years of experience using proven techniques have taught us that crucial to the success of any weight reduction treatment is a diet plan that fits each patient’s tastes and lifestyle.
Slimming diet plans are divided into two phases.
- In the first phase a diet plan designed to have the patient reach the desired bodyweight target is applied.
- Once achieved, the patient transitions to a maintenance phase that will allow her to ingest all kinds of foods without incurring the dreaded ‘rebound effect’.
This two-step system is what allows our slimming diet plans to achieve long term success.
Personalized Diet Plans
During the first consultation the doctor obtains all the needed information about the patient’s condition from several sources: a dialogue with the patient, an in situ medical examination, and a previously requested clinical laboratory test. This first meeting will allow the doctor to select the type of diet regime that better fits the patient and to further customize it.
The next appointments — usually on a weekly basis — will let the doctor evaluate the patient’s progress, get to know the impressions and feelings produced by the diet, and fine-tune it to solve any difficulty.
Once the target bodyweight has been reached the doctor transitions the patient to the maintenance phase. It is divided into three biweekly stages through which foods that had been forbidden during the first phase are gradually introduced back, and the number of restricted foods is increased. In this way, when the diet plan has ended, the patient will have learned how to manage her daily meals to avoid gaining the lost weight back.
The flexibility and ease of personalisation of these diet plans make them suitable for virtually all patients wishing to lose weight. They are also a natural choice for patients that are not good candidates for a protein diet, either because they do not wish to meet its stricter requirements or for being contraindicated because of some medical condition.
PronoKal and Proteífine Protein Diet Plans
PronoKal and Protéifine are scientifically devised slimming diet plans based on a very low caloric content protein diet. Our nutrition specialist doctor performs a rigorous supervision of the patient’s progress to make sure that all the required conditions are met, including medical testing before and during the dieting period.
The main advantages of a protein diet are:
- There is an immediate, significant weight loss.
- It preserves muscle mass keeping the basal metabolic levels up during the whole dieting period.
- Skin quality increases thanks to the correct intake of vitamins and amino acids (proteins).
- Hunger disappears on the second or third day of dieting giving way to a feeling of dynamism and wellbeing.
- It is a safe dieting technique grounded on proven, solid scientific methods and applied by doctors trained on its deployment.
- It allows for a gradual return to a balanced nutrition without the dreaded ‘rebound effect’.
- It is an easy to follow, varied diet.
- It is indirectly beneficial to patients suffering some medical conditions associated with obesity, such as high cholesterol or trigliceride blood levels, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, asthma, ulcers, hiatal hernia, osteoarthritis, thread veins, hypothyroidism…
The PronoKal Method and the Protéifine Diet are based on:
- A near-complete restriction of sugars (carbohydrates) and fats leading to a ketosis state where the body consumes its fat stores as a source of energy.
- An adequate amount of high biological value proteins to help preserve muscle mass.
It is divided into three phases:
- Protein food-only Phase.
- Dietary Re-Education Phase
- Maintenance Phase
During the first phase up to 80% of weight loss is achieved in a very fast manner.
The second phase has the doctor re-introduce the patient to whole sets of foods (fruit, bread, starchy and fatty foods).
During the maintenance phase, in order to avoid regaining weight due to ‘weight memory’, the doctor can prescribe specific products for the patient to use under his supervision.
|Dieting Revision Appointment + Mesotherapy + Ultrasound||50 €|
There are several aesthetic treatment therapies that are usually associated with slimming diet plans. The most common are Mesotherapy and Ultrasound Therapy, applied from the start of the dieting period. Their localized fat reduction effect helps eliminate the fatty deposits in diet-resistant areas such as the abdomen, hips, etc. in a fast, long lasting manner.